Google sites is shutting down. Yes, the same one with a free 'business.site' domain.
Thousands of businesses are on Google Sites, mainly because they were easy to set up and fetched information from your Google my Business profile. All such websites will turn off starting March 2024.
Though experts have been telling that Google sites are not ideal for SEO for a while now, many businesses still use it for getting online. But with Google sites going down, is there a better way to get online?
What if we say we can get you online in 10 minutes?
Yes, just 10.
Let’s find out how do you keep your online presence intact after Google sites.
Things You Should Know
- Is Google Sites shutting down?
- What was Google Sites actually?
- Is there an alternative to Google Sites India?
- Introducing bizlite: the most user-friendly mini-website creator in India
- How to sign up and set up a store on bizlite?
- What can your business do with bizlite?
- bizlite for business owners and professionals
- Why wait? Migrate to bizlite today!
Is Google Sites shutting down?
Yes, the basic websites made with Google Business Profiles will be turned off in March 2024. Anyone visiting your site will be sent to the associated profile instead, but only until June 2024. After June, the site link won’t even redirect visitors to your profile.
Here’s what the official page says:
“Domains that end with business.site and negocio.site will be removed from the website field on your Business Profile in March. We recommend that you update your Google Business Profile to point to a new website.”
Google recommends updating your Google Business Profile to “point to a new website.”
So, if you've been using Google Business Profiles to craft your website, brace yourself for a change. It's time to say goodbye to that site and look for an alternative to Google Sites.
What was Google Sites actually?
Google Sites is a web-based tool that allows you to create and host simple websites. You can use it to showcase your team's work or share information with customers.
However, one feature that pulls information from Google Business Profiles and creates basic websites is being removed now. It has been quite helpful for small businesses, restaurants, and retail shops.
With Google Sites, Business Profile owners could create a business site automatically using their existing information. It’s not possible anymore now.
Other website builders are too complex and time-consuming.
Is there an alternative to Google Sites India?
Yes, there are many Google Sites alternatives. You can consider moving up to site-building tools like Wix, Squarespace, or WordPress. These tools offer various features for building your business website from scratch. But most have a learning curve if you're just beginning and not a tech person.
If you’re looking for a really simple alternative to Google Sites, sign up for bizlite. It’s a free, user-friendly tool tailor-made for small businesses in India.
With bizlite, you can create sleek and professional digital business cards in a snap. All you need to do is to enter the business details you already have – nothing extra.
Introducing bizlite: the most user-friendly mini-website creator in India
bizlite is one of the best Google Sites alternatives for businesses in India. It offers just one online tool: a digital business card that you can share online or offline as needed.
It has an intuitive interface and customizable templates for presenting business information. It’s the perfect alternative to Google Sites if you want a simple way to share business details.
Say goodbye to the hassle of coding and design headaches.
Here’s what bizlite offers:
- Attractive mini-website with contact details
- quick product and service listings
- custom logo, colors, and links
- image gallery and testimonial sections
- connection with PhonePe, GPay, and UPI apps
- online orders and bookings via WhatsApp
- easy-sharing via link and QR code
You can share your bizlite digital card with anyone, anytime, anywhere. It makes it easy for customers to reach you.
And it’s free to use.
How to sign up and set up a store on bizlite?
You can sign up on bizlite with your email address. Once you’re logged into your account, you’ll see the dashboard where you can create your digital card.
Your card has a few different sections. You can fill in as many or as few as you want. Only the essential details are compulsory, of course.
Here are the steps in brief:
Anyone can sign up for bizlite and create their own mini website where you can include:
- Your Basic Details: Add your business name and write a short description. Logo, cover image, and personalized links can also be added at this step.
- Your Contact Details: Add contact details and social media links. You can also add your Google Maps location and WhatsApp number.
- Payment Links: Add your UPI payment details, payment gateway link or bank details.
- Services: List the service(s) you provide and their details, including an image and description. You can also enable Whatsapp enquiries for your services. Doing so will help you generate leads for your business.
- Products: List the product(s) you sell and their details. You can also enable whatsapp enquiries for your services. Doing so will help you generate leads for your business.
- Galleries: Add photos of your storefront, products and services.
- Testimonials: Add customer reviews and testimonials.
- Business Hours: Add official timings of your business.
- Contact Form: Enable or disable a contact form for customers to contact you. You'll receive enquiries in your email or you can check them out on bizlite dashbaord.
That's not it. bizlite also lets you track who's visiting your mini-website. You'll get a live dashboard that shows the number of visitors on your mini-website, just like Google Analytics.
What can your business do with bizlite?
Now that you’re curious, a bizlite digital card has a lot of possibilities. It’s much more than a mere alternative to Google Sites. Here are a few things you can do with bizlite:
- Build an online presence without hassle.
- Embed QR in brochures, newsletters, and promotional materials.
- Add card link to your LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram profiles.
- Accept orders and payments from customers directly.
- Boost your credibility as an authentic business.
bizlite for business owners and professionals
- Using a bizlite card as a founder
- Using a bizlite card as a CA
- Using a bizlite card as a real estate agent
- Using a bizlite card as a freelancer
Why wait? Migrate to bizlite today!
With all these features and benefits for businesses, bizlite is a worthy alternative to Google Sites. It provides a simple and efficient solution for businesses to stay online in the absence of their Google Business Profile site.
It allows you to create a professional digital business card with ease. Plus, you can share your bizlite card through links or QR codes, making it one of the best free alternatives to Google Sites in India.
So, set up your digital presence today. Make it convenient for customers to reach out to you.